Grove

MRI results

This morning I went to get the results of my MRI. I was so nervous waiting to go in, mainly because I was afraid that it wasn't going to show anything...

but it did.

I officially re-tore my original acl graft that I had done 4 years ago and I also have a cyst in one of the tunnels that they drilled which is what has been causing all of the swelling. My ACL graft is still partially intact but the doctor explained that it is like a rope with threads and the majority of the threads are gone...

What does this mean?

Well, I have to undergo ACL reconstruction surgery for the second time which has a longer and harder recovery time than the first time. I will be unable to drive or hardly walk for the first couple of weeks and then I will be in physical therapy. I will be off of work for up to 3 months. I know what to expect this time around since I have been down this road before, and I am not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I will have an almost one year old by the time I end up having surgery and it is going to be interesting to see how that works out but the good news is that I have so much family in the area that can help us. My grandma has already offered to come and stay with me during the day after I have it done and to take care of H.

So I am thinking I will probably have it done in mid-August after we get back from Destin, of course. I'm not sure how the work situation is going to work out, but I know it will work out and I am going to try and not stress about it.

Mainly, I know that the Lord is in control and that there is a reason for this, as upset as I might be about it. He will handle the details, and it could always be worse.

Peace out for now... WW update coming tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry!!! It seems like the world stops when momma stops, hu? I'm here to help if you need it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts