Grove

Things that make my life easier...

Ok, so having two kids has been VERY interesting... there are a few things that I didn't have with Hudson that I have now with Rhett that are making my life SO much easier these days! (All opinions are my own...)

 1. Moby Wrap! I was always intimidated by them before... but it is about to be spring and I want to be able to do things outside. I am NOT a fan of my Sit n Stand stroller... so this makes more sense. I can carry Rhett in the Moby and put Hudson in the regular stroller. I taught myself how to use it on YouTube and bought it for half off at a local baby outlet! Win!

2. Fisher Price Rock and Play. I have the one pictured above. Everyone at the hospital with newborns just raves about the Rock and Play. I wasn't sure how much we would use it, but I seriously love it. I carry it from room to room and Rhett sleeps in it right next to our bed. It's the perfect height so I can reach him without getting up. I got it for half off at the same local baby boutique!
3. WubbaNub Pacis. Rhett loves them. He is a month old and can already put his paci back in his own mouth because the stuffed animals are easy to grab. (I got these are Babies-R-Us... we also have an elephant and a rhino that I got at the local baby store too...)
4. Homemade Baby Wipes. Rhett has very sensitive skin. His poor bottom was so raw when he was about a week old. I had seen recipes for homemade baby wipes and decided to give them a try. After a few days of using them, Rhett's bottom was good as new and no more screaming with his diaper changes. I am using the rest of the regular wipes in the diaper bag and on Hudson, but once they're gone I am going to use these on Hudson too.

Homemade Wipes
(I looked at a few different sites and came up with this concoction)

1. Cut a roll of high quality paper towels that come in half sheets (I prefer Viva) in half with a serrated knife, take out the cardboard.
2. Boil 2 cups of water. Cool to room temperature. Put water in a tupperware container that will easily fit roll of paper towels and has a secure fitting lid. I use the ones pictured above.
3. Mix in 1 tablespoon of baby oil and 2 tablespoons of baby soap. I have noticed that the soap mixes better if you mix it when the water is still warm. I use the Aveeno Sensitive Baby Soap because that is what I use on my babies.
4. Put the half roll of paper towels in container . Let sit for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, make sure lid is secure and flip container over for another 10 minutes.
6. Wipes are ready to use, just makes sure to pull from the middle!

One container like this lasts us almost a week. I figured out the cost difference in using these vs. commercial wipes. A container of wipes at the store is about $2 for 60 wipes. One roll of Viva paper towels makes about 140 wipes. Without the use of any coupons the total for using 1/2 roll (one container) is about $1 and the only reason it is so high is because the paper towels are kind of pricey and I use the most expensive soap. I haven't tried with cheaper paper towels but I may try the "stronger" great value ones next and that will take the price way down. I love knowing that I am putting no harsh chemicals on my baby and I know exactly what is going in the wipes.

So those are a few things that are making my life easier these days... What is making YOUR life easier?






Comments

Popular Posts